Craving Chocolate? Problem Solved!
Does anyone here crave chocolate as much as I do? Honestly, at times, getting a chocolate fix almost feels like a need instead of a want! 😂
Craving Chocolate? Problem Solved! This 100% plant-based dairy-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream recipe is super easy to throw together. It can be made in a food processor or a high-speed blender. It also uses de-fatted peanut butter powder for the peanut-butter flavor and cocoa for the chocolate flavor along with frozen bananas for the creaminess. So, it's a low-fat & less calorie-dense solution to a chocolate craving, too!
The ingredients for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream are super simple. The base of this nice cream is ripe bananas, peeled and frozen. The bananas are at about the perfect level of ripeness when they're yellow but speckled with brown dots. This is the perfect time to peel and freeze them for later use.
Super simple ingredients:
- ripe bananas, peeled & frozen
- cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- plant milk (I used soy milk)
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter powder
Break the bananas into chunks
To prepare the bananas, I like to peel and freeze them whole. I place the whole peeled bananas in a single layer in a plastic (or reusable) gallon zip-lock bag. Each bag holds about 6 - 9 bananas. I then lay the bag flat in the freezer until the bananas freeze individually. After that, I move the bags of bananas to another area of my freezer (once they're individually frozen and no longer need to lay flat).
It's great to keep peeled frozen bananas at the ready anytime I'm looking for a banana nice-cream fix! I actually routinely buy more bananas than I know my family can eat fresh just for this purpose!
With clean hands, simply break the bananas into chunks (about 4 sections each) and put them in a food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients!
Next, add the remaining ingredients! Now you're ready to make your nice cream nice and smooth!
Pulse and Process
Then, simply pulse and process until your Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream is nice and smooth! The time this takes to become smooth may vary a bit depending on how frozen your bananas are & depending on the power of your food processor. You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor a couple of times as well, to be sure all of the ingredients are incorporated.
At this point, you can feel free to enjoy the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream in it's soft-serve consistency. Honestly, most of the time I'm a bit too impatient to wait. Most often, I enjoy it in the soft-serve form! 😁
If you choose to freeze the Nice Cream before using, you'll be able to scoop it out in traditional ice cream scoops. When frozen, I like to microwave the nice-cream for about 30 seconds (add 5 seconds more at a time as needed) to make it easier to scoop and serve.
Absolutely! A high-speed blender works great! I often use my Vitamix blender to make this and other nice cream recipes. It does require use of the tamper to be sure all of the ingredients are pressed down into the blades & well incorporated.
I like to use Organic PB Fit in this recipe to make this fabulous nice cream a less calorie-dense option. It still adds an amazing peanut butter flavor while adding only 2 grams of fat per serving. By comparison, regular natural peanut butter would add approximately 17 grams of fat per serving.
Absolutely! Truly, the sky is the limit! Nice cream typically begins with a nice creamy frozen banana base. To that you can add other fruits and flavorings to your heart's desire! If a cinnamon-flavored nice cream sounds good to you, check out the "Cinnamon Bun Nice Cream" recipe right on this website!
Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- food processor OR high-speed blender
- 4 bananas peeled and frozen
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp plant milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter powder (I used Organic PB Fit)
- Simply break the frozen bananas into pieces and place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse and/or process until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor down a couple of times to be sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Once smooth, you may wish to enjoy this fabulous Nice Cream right away! It'll have a soft-serve consistency right out of the food processor! OR, you can move the nice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze it overnight for use at a later time. If freezing before using, you'll be able to scoop the ice cream out in traditional ice cream scoops. I like to either set the frozen nice cream out on the counter for several minutes (timing varies depending on room temperature) or microwave the frozen nice-cream for about 30 seconds (add 5 seconds more at a time as needed) to make it easier to scoop and serve.Enjoy!